Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sad News

Well, our time as dog owners have come to an end. As most of you know, we got Kaya a few weeks ago, thinking that a dog would be good for our family and for Jack. Jack has just fallen in love with her, but she does not return the feeling. We have tried to give her time and space, but she just isn't really fitting in and she has attempted to do harm to our sweet boy on more then one occasion. The final straw was tonight. Jack and I were sitting on the couch and Jack was trying to pet her... He did it once (a little hard) and was going to do it again and she just lost it. She would have pulled him off the couch if I hadn't grabbed him in time. He is fine and didn't even get bitten, but it scared him (and me) pretty badly. It is not really her fault, since Jack tends to get a bit rough when excited, but still... we can't have her around him anymore. I think that she is not that used to kids and gets nervous around them. Add her being mean to Jack to the fact that she has dug out about 5 times we are left with no other choice. I am sad, but I think we have learned our lesson. No dogs until we are done having babies! If anyone knows of someone that would like a Siberian Husky (who doesn't have kids)... let me know!

No comments: