Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We're Starting!!




Well, I didn't think we would start this this early, but this morning Jack told us when he had to take care of "business"... so that's right. We are starting the potty training process. We went out and bought a cute Elmo seat for the toilet and as soon as we got home I put him on it for a test run. He sat there forever, not going, and so I finally got up to get a diaper and when I came back he had gone!! After I showered, we tried it again... and as soon as I left, I heard the tinkle in the potty!! He looked so proud of himself! So it begins... we aren't going to be too crazy about it but when we get the opportunity to use his new seat we will. I think he will catch on sooner or later. He enjoys using his seat and knows that he is doing a good thing when he goes! My baby is growing up!! :( :)

4 comments:

Erica said...

How exciting! You should get him some of the toilet targets. They look like post-it notes but they have little targets on them for the little guy to aim for when he stands to go potty. Sara had them w/ Tyler and he loved them!

the peine's said...

How fun! I love the Elmo seat. That is great that he want's to do it on his own. I can't believe he will be two! Time goes by to quickly!

Megan said...

Jack is so smart! I'm going to need your advice when we enter that stage.

Kimberly said...

You're so lucky. If you figure out the secret let me know. Colton was almost 4 before he decided to get it done.