Friday, August 5, 2011

HELLO?

Is anyone out there?? I have been MIA. I finally got our pictures loaded up on our new computer, but looking through them is not very exciting. I can see that over the last six months, we have not done much!! Most of my pictures have my kids at home in their PJs. But, those are the best days, right? I'll do a brief update like I did the last time and then load some of the favorite pictures from the past six months and then we will start fresh with hopefully a post a month going forward.

JASON--

So, last time I wrote, he was getting ready to apply for school in the fall. That didn't work out. He did well on the GRE, but the degree he was thinking about is so different from what he is doing and he doesn't have experience in it so they told him to volunteer and apply again next year. He has since been thinking about other options and we have a few things in the works, but that's all I will say for now! Other than work, his calling and family time keeps him busy.

JACK--

Jack has just turned five and has had a BUSY few months. We started the spring with soccer, and then he moved right into karate, followed by baseball and swimming lessons. He had a great time doing all of these things and has had the BEST summer of his life because he has had so many friends to play with and things to do. He is getting ready to start kindergarten in about three weeks. (EEK!) I think he might be a little nervous (he has been kind of emotional lately), but I think he is really excited and I really do think that he is ready for this change. I hope I am ready too!

SAVANNAH--

This little lady has probably changed the most these last six months. She has grown from a baby to a toddler. She is really communicating with us, but not talking yet. She does say MAMA, but it is a struggle to get her to say anything else. She is finally pointing at parts of her body and she understands everything we say, but will not talk. I think she must be one of those kids that will never talk until she can say a full sentence! She is a lot of fun, but very feisty! Because she can't talk yet she mostly screams bloody murder in order to get her way. She is also very opinionated and wants to get her way. But, under all that feistiness is a very loving, wonderful girl!

ME--

Nothing new to report... nothing at all. I am loving staying home with these kiddies and hanging out with my great friends! I am ready for the fall weather, but not really ready for school to start. Makes me sad to let this boy of mine leave me and have a whole life that I will not know anything about! I'm going to have to volunteer a lot at the school! We do have a family vacay planned for the end of September to San Diego. We figured out how to fly there for free so we are super excited! We will be hitting Sea World, San Diego Zoo and Legoland! Can't wait!

Here's to starting fresh and leading more exciting lives!!

No comments: