Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4th of July


Runners!


Starting line nerves!


He watches Jason run and so he had to wear a sleeveless shirt like his daddy to run in.

Our 4th was pretty laid back. We planned to do the parade like every year and since I am no longer pregnant, we also signed up for the 5k as well. Jack wanted to race so we signed him up for the kids race. It was half a mile around the park and he did so great! Jason ran with him and said that he ran the whole way. I saw him sprinting to the finish and I was so proud! It was funny to get him to the starting line and see the nerves kick in. Glad it is not just me. He was so cute and I hope that we are showing him a good example for healthy living by these races we do.

Jason did great on his run. He finished in about 26 min. I wasn't first in my age group this year. It has gotten a lot more competitive! I think the first person was at 19 min or something crazy. I guess I will never win again, but at least I did once. I finished in 24 min 30 sec.

The rest of the day was spent napping and going to the park. We had perfect weather and it was even a little chilly for fireworks. We went with neighbors and Savannah did so well. She just watched and looked mildly interested in everything that was going on. She is such a good baby!

1 comment:

THE OLSONS said...

Oh my, how cute! He ran too?! I love it!!