Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fourth of July!


The parade.


A bouncy slide.


Ring around the head.


Running through sprinklers.

I am late in posting this, but it is better late than never! We had a fun fourth. Jason's parents were out of town so we spent the day with my family. We hit the parade in the morning and did the usual breakfast at Village Inn afterward. Jack loved the parade and had a blast running out and getting candy. He got enough candy that it could have passed for Halloween. Jason ran the 5k and had a good time doing that. I wish I could have joined him. He took off about a minute off of his time and finished in about 24 min. He was really excited.

After the morning festivities, we came home and relaxed for a bit and then headed over to the Carnival that they had at the park. Jack loved the bouncy houses and slides but was a little tired at the end of it all. Plus, we were melting it was so hot. We decided that next year we are swimming in the afternoon. That night, we grabbed traditional KFC and went to the park with my parents, sister and grandparents. A good time was had by all, except maybe my 91 year old grandpa who took a tumble down the hill. No worries, he is okay! He has the tuck and roll down. Jack loved playing with Grandpa and the light-up sticks that Jason bought him. They were playing "ring around the head" and at one point Jack tossed the ring and it totally went around a guys head at the next blanket over. It was someone that I knew, so that made it even funnier. Jack loved the fireworks and this was the first year that they didn't freak him out. Our dog was not so lucky. We came home from everything at about 11 and she was no where to be seen. She totally dug or jumped her way out of our yard and took off. She is a smartie though and found her way home and was there when we woke up. We also roasted hot dogs and marshmallows in my dad's fire-pit at some point during the weekend and watched something about Michael Jackson on TV. That was really fun as well.

I'd say it was a success! I join the masses in saying I LOVE THE FOURTH OF JULY!

No comments: