Friday, July 10, 2009

Baby #2 Is FINALLY on It's Way!!!!!!

It's not a big secret that we have been trying to get pregnant for about a year and it has FINALLY happened! I don't know why we had such problems, but it was worth it to finally be pregnant. I have been working with a really good fertility doctor and after months of tests and a miscarriage type thing (more like a chemical pregnancy in January) Clomid came to my rescue. It has been a hard year going through this, but I have learned a lot about myself as a person and myself as a mom. It really made me realize how precious kids are and when I thought about Jack not having siblings my heart would break! I knew that it would happen, but it is frustrating waiting for it all the same.

Anyway, this pregnancy is pretty eventful compared with my first... Because I was on Clomid, I have to go in every week and get progesterone shots as a precaution. I don't notice much doing that, except I am VERY irritable the next day (and your butt gets sore). I have also already had an ultrasound!! YAY! I was a little worried because of all the different things with this pregnancy, but it was such a relief to go in and see the little thing. My doc said that everything looked great and the baby is measuring perfectly. We were able to see its heart beating away and see the start of the brain and everything. We are going to try to scan it in soon. I am almost 10 weeks and due on Valentines Day. I have been feeling pretty good, tired and a little queasy if I don't eat, but I know it could be MUCH worse so I am thankful! This pregnancy is much different then my last for the main reason that I don't have time to figure out exactly the stage that the baby is at like I did with Jack... I sometimes don't even remember that I am pregnant because I am so busy with Jack so hopefully it will go by fast! February seems a long way away. I am so thankful for the baby that will soon be with us. I am a little nervous about Jack and how he will handle it. I know I have read on other blogs that moms always worry and feel sad about losing their one on one time with their first, but Jack is such a good kid and I know that it will be worth it for him to have a sibling.

Sorry for the ramble... We are sooo excited! Stay tuned to find out the gender. I don't have the self control of some people! Also, posts about the 4th and Jack's bday on their way.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations!! So you are due pretty close to your birthday. Amanda had mentioned to me that you were trying to get pregnant again (I guess Lauren mentioned it to her), but she didn't say that you were having such a hard time. I am happy it worked out, and that Jack will have a little sibling. I hope the rest of the pregnancy is smooth sailing.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys! Keep us posted on everything! We love you!

THE OLSONS said...

YAY! Congratulations Erin! That is fantastic news! I am so happy for you and your growing family!!!

Jen and Her 3 Boys said...

Yahoo! I definetly can feel your excitement! Been there, it is totally worth the wait. I am happy for you and wish you the best in your next 9 month experience!

Katie said...

YEah! I am so happy for you. Going through the pains of fertility is such a pain but of course the end result of a happy baby makes it all worth it. Good luck with everything!

Cam said...

Congrats! Hope you're not enjoying the effects of morning sickness too much. Hope things go smoothly for you.