Monday, October 15, 2012

Summer Wrap-UP

Well, here we are into October already.  I can't believe it.  Jack is in first grade. Evelyn is almost 3 months old and Savannah is getting more grown up everyday.  I have heard her counting to ten and she is talking so much more every day.  I can't help but feel very blessed to have this life I have.  I love my family so much.  I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed by the daily responsibilities of having three kids, trying to be more organized, work, clean the house, food storage, church things... but every night I go to bed and I am grateful and happy to be in this phase of life.  I have wonderful friends, a great house, awesome children and an amazing husband.  I hope I am truly enjoying these days.  I am trying to get better at letting things slide and not getting caught up in getting "things" done.  I spent way too much time before Evelyn (and after) worrying about my list and yelling at the kids way too much.  I'm still working on it because I just get so stressed out.  But, overall, I think we are all happy and healthy and progressing.

The end of our summer was spent getting used to baby and getting Jack ready for school.  Jack has been very active in sports this year and really loved baseball, fall soccer and track over the last few months.  I planned a 10 k for young womens and we wrapped that up a few weeks ago.  All of our girls ran and all of them finished.  It was a wonderful and very successful activity.  The ward wants us to do it every year! I am happy because my goal after having Evelyn was to do a 10 k in 50 min and I did... in 50:29 and came in first overall!! Granted, there were only about 30 runners, but still! Jason is continuing to be very busy at work.  He was just given about 100 more clients from a guy who left the business and he seems to really like it.  I hope he has finally found his niche.  Both of our families are doing well.  Jeromy and Elisha finally got married last week.  It was fun to be a part of their day and the kids had fun at the reception. 

I really feel like we are settling into some busy busy years, but I am super excited for everything that is in store for our family.  I will now post on a few specific things about the last few months and then it is on to fall and the holidays!!

No comments: