Monday, October 15, 2012

FIRST GRADE







Jack is in first grade.  I can't believe it.  He is in Ms. Reynolds class and I am so happy about that.  She was Jon's and Lauren's teacher in 1st grade and I requested her because I have heard she is good with boys, reading and I knew that both of them loved her.  She is teaching a 1st/2nd split this year and I wasn't sure if he would get in because they normally take the kids that are self sufficient and who they feel can keep up with the work.  I am happy that his kindergarten teacher thought he would do well in the combined class.  So far, he is LOVING school.  He definitely was ready to go and he is really thriving in the environment.  I remember asking my friends, who have older kids, when a toddler turns into a "real" kid... with thoughts and feelings and things of their own.  I think it is when they start school.  Jack is blossoming into a great little kid.  He is kind, a rule follower, a writer, a reader and getting better at math.  He is a pleaser and very friendly.  He is really taking off in reading and comes home and writes stories and leaves them around the house.  He has been getting great marks on all of his work and he seems to be retaining a lot of things he learns at school.  I am anxious to have a parent teacher conference in a few weeks to really get the scoop, but from what I can tell he is really doing well and really enjoying it.

I am so proud of him.  I love him so much and I love watching him grow.  He loves his sisters and Savannah really misses him while he is gone.  She is my little buddy and I am trying to spend more time with her, in between nursing Evelyn, but the minute Jack gets home... she follows him around for the rest of the night.  Oh, I love my kids!!  

No comments: