Monday, March 23, 2009

Big Boy Bed!



Boo hoo. My little boy is all grown up. I know that we are a little slow in getting Jack out of the crib, but since we don't yet have number 2 on the way, I thought I should take advantage of the bars on the crib and the fact that when he is in there, he stays there! We were lucky and Jack never tried to climb out of his crib, which is why it took us until he was 2 and a half to get him into a bigger bed. So, I was really dreading giving him the freedom to move around on his own and I was also a little nostalgic about the whole thing. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday I was counting down the days until he was born. Now, he is sleeping in a twin bed. Sad.

We finally decided to just get it over with this weekend. We set the bed up on Sunday and so his first night was last night. We did the whole nighttime routine and settled him in. I was so nervous about him actually sleeping that we borrowed a camera baby monitor from my sister and bro in law. They won't need it for a few months (but Shannon is due this week!). Anyway, we set that up and came down and watched as he sang himself to sleep and there he stayed ALL night long! It was really fun watching him go to sleep on that monitor. We might have to buy one for ourselves! I was nervous again about naptime today, and although he had more trouble than last night, he is up there peacefully dozing as I type. I'd say it was a success!

No comments: