Friday, January 30, 2009

6 Years and Counting....

This post is a little late in coming... Our six year anniversary was last Saturday (Jan 24) and I have yet to post about it. The reason I haven't posted yet is that this is my first week back from a week of sickness... I must have caught something when we went to St. George and while I was there I ran a half marathon, which probably wasn't very smart... and it just made the sickness stick around longer. We did have a great time in St. George though and loved the 60 degree weather and clean air. Jack enjoyed getting to know his great-grams a little better and she was great to watch him a couple times for us so we could catch a movie and other things with friends. The half-marathon was fun, even though I wasn't feeling the best. Jason ran the 5k. Jack stayed with Grams. So, we came home from there and the next day I fainted on the bathroom floor. I have never fainted in my life... and it was a weird experience. I was getting up for the day and feeling a little better and stood at the sink to brush my teeth... I starting feeling really nauseous and the next thing I know, Jason is pounding on the door asking me if I was okay... I was a little disoriented and didn't know what was going on! Anyway, that began a week of no showers, lots of sleep, no working out and Jack coming down with 103 degree temperature on Thursday. We were lucky that we even got away to celebrate our anniversary.

For the big day, Jason booked us a night at Anniversary Inn, where we had never been. We left Jack with my parents and grabbed some Chinese food and headed up there. For anyone who hasn't been there, it is a must! It was such fun. We stayed in the Italian room and the bed was a big gondola. It was super cute. Jason had paid extra money to get some fun things like rose petals on the floor, specialty anniversary glasses, and treats. When we checked in they asked us to mark what treats we wanted and what time to bring them in. At 8, we had popcorn, M&M's and Coke brought to us. Yummy. We got some movies from the DVD library and relaxed all night long. The next morning we slept in, had breakfast in around 9 and then headed to get Jack. It was the perfect weekend, especially coming back from this sickness we have had. I'm so happy to have Jason as my hubby. It has been a great six years and I am looking forward to many more! Love you Jase! (We forgot a camera, so no pics.... Sorry).

3 comments:

THE OLSONS said...

Wow! You fainted? Sounds scary! I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel better!

Arlene said...

I would have stayed in St. George where it is 60 degrees!

KatieKaseyBrielle said...

Wow, what a fun anniversary! We have always wanted to stay there. We'll have to do it sometime. I can't believe it has already been six years for you guys! CRAZY! Glad you're feeling better!