Sunday, January 2, 2011

November and December



















Time is flying as I say every time I post. We had a good holiday season this year. Jack was totally into it and that made it the most fun year yet. I think everything he got was perfect and when he came in on Christmas morning, he was thrilled! But, I am getting ahead of myself. Thanksgiving was a lot of fun... We did dinner with my family and then pies that night with Jason's family. We are lucky to have both families close by so that we can see them both on holidays.

Jason was going to be transferred to First American, but Equity decided that they couldn't bear to lose him so they kept him and moved him to their Sugarhouse office. I am happy to have him closer to home. Jack continued on with school and took a few field trips... one to Little Caesars and then to the candy factory. He is learning so much this year. Savannah is continuing to grow and grow... she is now 11 months, but I will do a real update and her when she turns a year in a few weeks. I continue to feel like I am running around with my head cut off, but a few of my New Year resolutions include getting to bed earlier so that I can get up earlier and get things done while the kids are still asleep. Jack officially refuses to nap during the day anymore and even though the baby does for up to 3 hours... I am normally entertaining Jack during that time.

Christmas this year was so fun!! We spent the month in preparation and did a lot of fun things. My favorites were taking Jack to the symphony to see the Polar Express. It was perfect for this musical boy and he sat through the whole thing. We also went and saw Santa, made cookies, had an elf from the North Pole with us for the month, watched a bunch of Christmas movies, ate popcorn with apple cider, sat by the Christmas tree, Jason and I went to Kurt Bestor and Christmas morning was the best! It was our first Christmas at our own house... our parents came here, and I loooved it! Jack came in and was thrilled. Jason and I were really happy with how everything turned out. Savannah even loved it and really recognized her own toys in the bunch.

I am so thankful for this family of mine. We started feeling like our own family this year... and not like we were just playing house. We are in for changes this year with Jack starting Kindergarten... :(, Savannah starting nursery, Jason going back to school (maybe) and me continuing to work out a lot and work as well... I said to Jason last night that I really feel like we are in the midst of the best time in our lives and I am so blessed to have these kids and this husband. We are truly happy and enjoy each other. I think that is the most important thing. I am looking forward to 2011, but 2010 wasn't half bad for us!! I'm thankful!

No comments: