Sunday, January 2, 2011

Disneyland














So, here is my post about Disneyland... about 6 months late. I'm so bad at blogging anymore. Oh, well. I got around to it so I guess that is what matters. We went to Disneyland for the first time with the kids the end of September. It was also our first family vacation taken without mine or Jason's family with us. It was sooo fun! We drove down on Saturday after Jack's soccer game and stayed in St. George for the night with my grandma. We left St. George on Sunday morning and arrived in California early enough to hit Downtown Disney for dinner after we checked into our hotel room. We didn't drive our car all week and walked to and from Disneyland every night. Jason and I were quite impressed with ourselves and all the passing of people we did... especially hauling two kids. Savannah did great in the car.... Jack is always good as long as we have a DVD on hand. She slept during the perfect intervals and if she did get fussy, I just climbed in the back seat and played/fed her while Jason rubbed my feet and drove... not a bad combo if you ask me! :) We went to Disneyland on Monday morning, bright and early... only to find out that our camera was broken. I was bummed, but we bought disposable cameras and that night Jason ran to Target and got a new digital camera. Our first day was great. Savannah and Jack could go on most everything and the things that Savannah could not go on, Jason and I took turns taking Jack. He went on everything and loved it! He was able to fight Darth Vader on our first day dressed up like a Jedi. I think that was the highlight of his trip. It was so cute.

The other days consisted of a character breakfast on Tuesday morning.... the Colors show on Wednesday night... we got together with my cousins and their kids on Wednesday. On Thursday we were about parked out, but hit Disneyland one more time and caught the street parade once more. Jack loved the street parade. Savannah was a trooper through it all and loved all the characters. She wasn't scared a bit of them. I loved getting in a sea level run, early nights in with my family and seeing Jack's excitement with everything. I loved having these three all to myself for a week. We had such a good time we even extended our stay by a day and had to rush home, but it was totally worth it. I can't wait to go back and see Savannah's excitement!! So fun! I love family vacations!!

No comments: