Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cooking... AUGH!


So, I ventured out a bit yesterday... It was a gloomy type of day. I have been craving some fall/Christmas smells and my dad has an excess of apples from his two trees, so I decided to bake an apple pie. Now, before you think I am super cool... I have to confess that I bought the crust from the store and the recipe was really for more of an apple cobbler instead of an actual apple pie, but hey... Jack and I gave it go. Now, I remember why I hate cooking. It took so much work and mess and although the apple pie was delish... was it worth the time?? I also made chicken cordon bleu FROM SCRATCH, might I add, so in total I was cooking about two hours. And at the end, I was pleased to smell the apple pie baking and have a nice dinner that night (and for many nights to come). But the mess! And I was so tired... Is that normal? Anyway, Jack is really starting to thrive off of home cooked sit down meals lately. Whenever we ask him what he wants for dinner he says, "Something hot." So, I guess the moral to this story is that I will just have to suck it up and learn how to cook. I'm not saying that I will ever love it... but, that apple pie WAS good. If I do say so myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so good!

Ariane said...

Wow I am so impressed! I can't cook worth a darn but I tell ya, I sure got a lot better at it the more kids I had. It's so much easier to cook for 5 rather than 3.