Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halloween Fun


The kids.


The witch. Can't remember her name.


He's so strong!



I love this time of year. I really think that it is in the top for me as far as seasons go. I like summer as much as the next guy, but there is something about this time of year. Jack is an absolute ball this year and is loving everything that has to do with Halloween. We have our house decorated to the hilt and his costume is waiting to be worn. He loves to drive down the street and point out that all of his friends are ready for Halloween as well. He loves the Halloween store and he loves all his Halloween songs he is learning in preschool.

We have done a few fun things so far this month. We have made it to Gardner Village a couple of times. The first time, I took Jack on my own in the afternoon and we walked around and saw all of the witches. They really are cute! We also indulged in a pumpkin cookie and that made it even more successful. We then went back with our neighbors to go on the Witch Hayride. It was a lot of fun, but probably not worth $15. You got a hayride (looking at some great scenery) that took you to an old box car which was serving as the witches house. The witch was there waiting for us and we spent about 20 min walking around her house and listening to her stories. The house and yard were decorated soo cute and there was a lot of detail. The kids loved it and so I guess it was okay to pay the money, but we might think twice about both adults going next time! We had such a great time with our neighbors! I love this neighborhood!

We also have gone to the pumpkin patch. Jack goes again for school next week, but we still wanted to go as a family. Jack had a fun time testing his strength for carrying pumpkins and he wanted a lot more than the four that we got. It will be really fun to carve them! I am really looking forward to the next two weeks! This holiday season is going to be the best. It is like I am a little kid again when you have a little kid around who is starting to understand the whole thing and is so excited!! I love it.

4 comments:

the peine's said...

You are such a cute mom!!!

Ariane said...

I totally agree, I love this time of year! We haven't been to see the witches yet but my kids have been asking to see them for about 3 months now, haha!

Erica said...

I'm totally jealous of the pumpkin patch. The "pumpkin patch" in our neighborhood is actually a freaky carnival set up in the mall parking lot. I love fall too and I wish that it felt like it here. I just saw the forecast for tomorrow- 88 freakin' degrees! It's almost November people! I want to wear sweaters and jeans and socks and shoes. I am so tired of all of my summer clothes I can't stand it.

Your apple pie looks delish! Stick with cooking, It does take a lot of time and effort but doesn't it make you feel good that you made something? I'll look through some of my recipes and see if I have anything easy that I can send to you. A bunch of friends are getting together to do a recipe exchange next week so I am hoping that I will get something good.

This turned into a long comment but I know that you are going to read it before anyone else does so I don't care. Kathie called me while she was in Vegas visiting her sister, but we were headed to St. George the next day and then she was going home so we didn't get together. Too bad :( Well it's pretty late and I am hormonal and emotional so I had better get some sleep. I have a long day tomorrow.
Love ya!

Roxanne said...

Cute, cute pictures! Who is that crazy kid with the smile! (I guess I will claim him!) BTW your apple pie was deeeelish!