Sunday, September 27, 2009

20 Weeks and Half Way Done!!!


20 weeks.

WOO HOO! I have finally reached the half way mark in this pregnancy. It feels good to finally be in week 20. I think that the first 20 weeks pass by so slowly. It has been a pretty eventful four weeks. First, I have gained an additional 4lbs, so now I am up to 13lbs total. I guess that isn't too bad. As much as it pains me to look at the scale, with Jack I have no idea how the weight came on or even really what I ended up at, so I am trying to be more informed this time around. I am pretty sure that I gained close to 50lbs with Jack and I am really trying to limit the weight gain as well. So, I have been holding steady at 140lbs for about two weeks... I know that the 10lb jump is just around the corner... I am trying to brace myself. I am trying not to eat any junk except for on Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. So far, it is working out okay... I'm nervous about the holidays coming up! Anyway, enough about the weight gain... I know it is going to happen and I really am trying to be okay with it... :)

Second, they thought I had syphilis... that is obviously not right... so, I'll clear up any rumors right now. Apparently, pregnant women can get a false positive on the syphilis test and normally the lab runs the test again to verify, but my lab DID NOT... so they freaked everyone out, except for me and my hubby who knew that there was no way that we could have syphilis. But, nevertheless, I had to go down to the Health Department (trashy!) and the STD clinic and be tested again. Obviously, I DO NOT have syphilis. It was such a joke. The lady at the health clinic was telling me that I could get started on the penicillin... um, no thanks... asking me if I had talked to my hubby about it... um, yeah, is he freaking out? um... NO! Because we don't have syphilis!! So, anyway, the worst part about it was people looking at me like, "Are you sure?? You never know.." But, I really do. And of course I don't have it... SO, any pregnant women out there... know that you can test positive for syphilis in pregnancy!! :)

Working out is still fun... I have gotten in two more long (4-5mi) runs and they are starting to make me sore afterward... I feel great while running, but the rest of the day is spent in pain because my legs, pelvis and back get sore... It doesn't help that I need new shoes... so, I don't know how much more running I will do. I am hoping to run until week 30, but we'll see. For now, I am only going to run once a week.

I am done getting my progesterone shots and couldn't be happier. I have also changed to the doc that will be delivering my girl and I really like her. She is pregnant also, two weeks behind me, so who knows if she will actually deliver me, but I really like her and the office seems great. I liked my fertility doc fine, but I am happy for the change.

We also had my medical ultrasound and that was awesome. She is measuring right on to her due date, the doc told me I was skinny (something I am NOT feeling) and everything looks great. It was really cool to see both halves of her brain, heart, limbs, etc. I also LOVED LDS hospital. It was a really good experience.

Anyway, I am feeling good, feeling her lots and trying to deal with my emotions this time around. It seems like I am a little more emotional than I was with Jack. I can't wait until Feb 11th!

3 comments:

Ariane said...

Yay! I love getting past that part! You look AMAZING! As dreaded as the holidays coming up are, they do make time go by a lot faster. At least for me they did :)

Melissa said...

Congratulations on making the 20 week milestone! You look Great!! I wish I looked that good when I was pregnant!

Anonymous said...

You look so cute pregnant!