Sunday, June 15, 2008

10 Mile Run!


What's this picture you ask?? Well, it is the time that I clocked in my 10 mile race this weekend! My friend Kari and I ran the Provo Trail 10 Mile Run this weekend and had a blast! It was down Provo canyon and was a really pretty run. We started at 8 am and were kind of using it as a training run for the Wasatch Back (which is next weekend) and so we weren't sure how fast we would do the run. We started at the back of the pack but our speed kicked in and soon we were passing people right and left. I felt really good the whole way, except that running down hill is harder on your legs then you think. My calves started feeling pretty tight around mile 8 but surprisingly my pace held steady. So, if you don't mind... I am going to brag a little... I hit mile 3 at 24 min... mile 5 at 39 min... mile 6 at 47... mile 8 at 63 and finally mile 10 at 1 hr 19 min and 34 sec! My goal was to do it in 1 hour 20 min, which would have been an 8 min mile and that is a fairly fast pace for me to sustain over 10 miles, but I did it! Yay for me! Now on to the Wasatch Back!

4 comments:

Arlene said...

Would you stop already? You are making the rest of us look bad who are sitting around eating popsicles all summer!

Madi said...

Good for you! Remember that conversation we had yesterday about me running with you, ya never mind. I need to practice running a lot more just so I can get to your speed. I know you said you run for fun with your friend once a week...I'm pretty sure, actually I know, I will slow you down. Let's talk about that again in a couple of years!
I'm very happy for you for meeting your goal...you're awesome!

Kimberly said...

So tell me, what is the secret to running, and how do you get past getting a side ache that lasts for weeks on end. It boggles my mind.

Megan said...

Hah! You're amazing! I'm hoping to finish the 5k I'm running this weekend in less than 2 hours. 10 miles is a long time to sustain an eight-minute mile! Let me know when you want to do lunch. I'm pretty much always available.