Monday, August 13, 2007

Provo Trail Half Marathon

Well, we did it! We have been talking about running a half marathon for about a year and we finally pulled it off! Jason and I ran with my sister Kristin, and my brother Jon. It was a great experience! We had to get up at the crack of dawn and be to the buses by 530am. Needless to say, my mom watched the baby for us! We got to the buses, drove up the canyon (noticed how long 13.1 miles is!) and started the race at 7am. We lost Jon right from the start... little 16 year olds can still move pretty fast! Kristin and I stayed together for about 5 miles and Jason brought up the rear. I felt really good up until about mile 10. After that my legs started cramping and my feet started to hurt. I almost cried at mile 11, but I pushed through it and when I saw the finish line I ran my heart out! I finished in 1 hour 52 minutes. Jon finished in 1 hour 37 minutes, Kristin in 1 hour 58 minutes and Jason in 2 hours 32 minutes. I am so proud of us! Especially Jason. He isn't much of a runner and he finished! Hooray for us!

2 comments:

the peine's said...

Congrats! That is so awesome!

Brad Wiggins said...

J & E,

Love the blog. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!!