Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Disneyland 2014

Christmas seemed a little more low key this year because Jason and I had a surprise for the kids... we decided to go to Disneyland in January.  We planned it back in November, but didn't spill the beans until the day we left.  It was super fun and something every parent should do.  The night before we left, Jason and I packed up the car and all the suitcases and everything.  The day we left, we sent Jack to school as normal and he really had no idea! We were able to use some points on our credit card to fly us all down there for free, so that was an extra bonus! We loaded up the girls and told them that we were going to the doctor and went to pick up Jack from school.  I convinced him that we were going to the doctor also and when he got in the car we had to tell him because we were really going to pick up Kristin and she was driving us to the airport.  So he got in the car and I pulled out my phone to take a video and we told them where we were really going.  Savannah didn't really get it, but Jack totally did and when he looked in the back and saw the suitcases, he actually got teary eyed.  It was the cutest thing ever and totally worth the wait! They were also really excited to find out that we were going on the airplane! We flew down and stayed almost a week.  Did Disney three days and hit the beach.  The weather was great and the lines weren't too bad.   We definitely had a great time!



 Waiting for the airplane!





 First stop the Beach!
 A money saving thing we do... bring lunch into the park.


 She did really great until the last day and then she was kind of fussy, but still pretty good.


 Sign of a good trip when they all fall asleep returning the rental car!
 The way our tickets worked out, Jason flew home with the two older kids and I took Evelyn with me on a later flight.  She hated it!!! I was happy it was only 2 hours! She was literally rolling around under the seat in front of me.  Would not sleep, would not eat.  Ugh, what a nightmare! But the trip was a blast! There is not much I love more than traveling with my family!

No comments: