Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Savannah is THREE!!!

Our little girl turned 3 in January! I don't know where the time has gone.  Savannah is truly a light in our life and in our home.  She is turning into a darling little thing and talking so much and saying such cute things.  We went through a rough patch with temper tantrums etc over the last year or so and I am happy to say she is coming out of it nicely and is turning out to be quite empathetic and polite.  Some things about this little girl....

-- She loves her brother and loves to watch a show with him after school. 
-- She loves to sing and her favorite song is Rihanna, Diamonds in the Sky.  She plays it on my phone and sings along.  It is so cute to hear her emphasize different words in the songs.  It kind of sounds like she is mad because she doesn't have much tone.
-- She loves babies and her little sister.  She has handled Evelyn really well and has never gotten jealous of her.
-- When I tell her something (like goodbye) she will say "Thank you Mama."
-- She loves to help cook and crack eggs.  She is doing pretty well with it.
-- She loves to read and will read in her bed with her brother until after 930 most nights.
-- She loves princesses and we recently went and saw Disney on Ice.  She loved it and was in heaven throughout the whole show. 
-- She loves her friends and is building quite a cute little group.  She also loves being included in the big girls and getting babysitters.
-- She loves to show off her baby Evelyn
-- She is a tender heart and does not like to get in trouble.  A story that really show this... We were at my moms house and she was playing in the family room.  She had just gone to the bathroom and she came up and headed back in there.  I asked her if she needed to go again and she got angry at me and pointed and said... NO! but she was holding her belly (it looked like)... anyway, I just let her go and she was in there for a while.  When I finally went to check on her, she was trying to wrap toilet paper around a tiny cut on her finger.  I guess she had cut herself on one of my Dad's tools and was afraid to tell me.   She is very independent and wants to what she can on her own. 
-- She loves to snuggle and love
-- Jack gets mad at her because she tries to be his mom
-- She loves to wear Jack's clothes
-- She loves our animals and will spend a long time each day playing with them.   I found her on the tramp this afternoon singing her ABC's (PUE) and talking to Zoe. And she is a terror to the cat, but it is his own fault because he lets her haul him around by the scuff of his neck.
-- She constantly asks what time it is.
-- You tell her something that is coming up and she asks "Tonight??"
-- She loves getting ready with me, drying and curling her hair, lotion and perfume and painting her nails.
-- She can't wait for preschool or swimming or going to St. George again.  Or Easter.  She came down last night and told me thank you for the Easter decorations.













I could go on.  She is a joy to have around. A spitfire. A kind hearted soul.  I hope all these qualities will be with her as she continues to grow.  I love being her mom.  I love everything about her and wish I could just freeze her in time.  What a blessing. 

No comments: