Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



Our Thanksgiving this year was a lot of fun. My brother leaves on his mission on December 30th and it was my year to be with my family so we headed over to my parents house for the day. Jack was super excited to see what all the fuss was about. He had been talking about Thanksgiving in preschool all month. I hope he wasn't disappointed... it was kind of like any Sunday, but we still had a great time. We sat down to dinner and Jack said, "Is there any pumpkin pie in this place?" I think he had heard a lot about pumpkin pie and was wondering why a key piece of the meal was missing. :) It was pretty funny. We missed my sister and her hubby. It was her first year away with in-laws! Jack put on a show for us singing the songs and poems that he learned in preschool. We watched movies and enjoyed being together. Later that night, we headed over to Jason's parents. We are lucky that we live so close to both families.

I am thankful for quite a bit this year... We have been very blessed and I don't think we should ever really complain about anything. I am blessed that we have a beautiful house in a wonderful neighborhood. I am blessed with our neighbors and the support and love that we are surrounded by. Jason is happy to have a job in this unsteady economic situation. We are so thankful that I am able to stay home with Jack and the medical transcription job that allows me to do that. I'm thankful for our dog and the happiness that she brings to Jack. ( I don't think that Jason is that thankful for her!) I'm thankful for my friends, my health and both of our families.

Most of all... this year (and probably every year to come) I am thankful for my family that I am creating with Jason. Jack brings me more happiness than I can even put into words. It really is something to watch your child blossom into a little person. He is an awesome kid. He has a wonderful personality, a kind heart and just a GOOD spirit. I love everything about him and I am finally feeling like I get what everyone talks about when they talk about a parents love. I would truly do anything for him. I know that Jason would as well. I am super thankful to be pregnant right now. I guess. :) But, seriously, we tried and tried! I am so happy that Jack will have the opportunity to be a big brother and have the blessing of a sibling. I love my siblings and would not want to be without them. I think Jason and I are appreciating it more this time around because we can feel the love and joy that Jack brings into our home. It will just double with Savannah. I was always nervous about loving my next child as much as I love Jack, but over the last couple of months I know that it will not be a problem. A parents love is a great blessing and I am so thankful to be a mommy!!

I am thankful for my wonderful hubby and the wonderful father he is. Whenever I get nervous about raising my kids or making it in this world with as scary as it is, I am reassured to think that I am in this thing with him and because of that we will all be alright! I love him!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: