Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Christmas Tree Farm


Jack was hiding his face from the wind and was not watching where he was going.


Finding our tree.


Helping Daddy get the tree to the truck.


The family.

There was a Curious George Christmas special on the day before Thanksgiving. We had already been thinking about going to a Christmas tree farm before that, but when George went and Jack watched the episode we knew that we had to do it! I think we have found the way our tree will be bought every year. It was really fun! Jason researched it and found a farm in Ogden that sold trees 10feet and taller for only $25! Anyone who knows me or my family know that a tall tree is a must! I definitely need something taller than my husband. So, we planned to go the day after Thanksgiving and make a day of it. We drove up around lunch time, stopped at Subway and headed on to the farm. Jack was so excited and he loved choosing the tree and "helping" Jason cut it down. There were quite a few good ones and although our trunk is crooked, we think that our tree turned out pretty nice. It was really nice to have it up and to be able to enjoy it for so long this season. Jack has taken to reading his Christmas stories by the tree and then falling asleep by the tree with me or Jason every night. When I want to get bugged by this, I think that he will only be this little once and I really want to make this season as special as I can. So, I think he will be sleeping by this tree for the rest of the month!

My sister and her husband chopped down my dad's tree (about 17feet) in the forest. They got a permit from their landlord and got a beautiful tree! I think next year we will try for a permit and go to the forest! It's the only way to go!

No comments: