Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New to Young Womens....

I was just called as the first counselor in Young Womens in my ward. I am a little freaked out because this is totally out of my comfort zone, but I am really excited. So, I am coming to you, my friends, for advice and ideas. I know that you are all much better at stuff like this then I could ever be. How my ward does it is each presidency member is in charge of a month. We teach the lesson on fast Sunday and are in charge of all the activities for the month. So, I am in charge of May. The theme is Divine Nature. I was thinking about having a "Girl Power" month and tying it into being a woman of God. What I am in need of is a video/song montage of girl power... You know what I am saying... I hope it would be to a churchy type song and show women being amazing.... old, young, moms, carreer women, athletes etc... Has anyone seen something like this?? I have found a few that would work on YouTube, but they aren't really fitting my vision of what I want for the lesson. So... any ideas?? Also, if you have fun ideas for activities... let me know!

3 comments:

Cam said...

sugardoodle.net is a great resource for finding fun ideas and planning lessons. Good luck with your new calling! I have been in YW for the past 3 years and I hope when we move to a new ward I'll get called back, it's a great place to be.

THE OLSONS said...

Congrats! I LOVED being in YWs! I got called to primary in October and I really miss my girls! It seems like girls take a little longer to warm up to new leaders than the boys do (my husband just teased his guys and they were instant friends!), but don't worry, they'll soon love you!!

Megan said...

Good luck to you! I think your theme sounds great, and I'll try to think of any ideas if I can.