Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thankful...


Yesterday I went to a funeral for my friends 16 month little boy. He drowned last week in a small pond in their backyard. I had never been to a funeral for a child before, and it was probably the toughest thing I have been involved in recently. He was a perfect little boy and his parents are obviously heartbroken. It hit home with me a litte because his name was Jack and he looked an awful lot like my Jack. I just spent the whole time putting myself in my friends place... The service was beautiful and it left me feeling so thankful for eternal families and the promise that these sweet parents will be with their baby again. I am so thankful for my baby and my husband and our faith. I would be lost without them.

2 comments:

Cam said...

I saw the story/obituary in the paper and it made me cry- even though I don't know them, I can only imagine the pain they're going through right now. I think it hit me hard because my little Ally was born only 9 days after him- so it hit a little close to home. The family is in our stake, although I didn't recognize the name- things like this definitely make you realize how lucky we are to know the things we do!

the peine's said...

Kids funerals are so tough but at the same time have the most amazing spirt. So sorry your friend had to go throught that. We are so lucky to have the gospel.