Monday, July 29, 2013

Quarterly Update!!

It looks like I am now officially only blogging once a quarter.  I have given up on even trying to do more than that.  I don't even know what to even blog about anymore, but I know it is so important to keep up with.  My kids are loving the books I made last year and they are really into getting to know their own history.  So, I'm going to try to get better and do this more often so it's not such a project when I finally get around to it. 

Things around here are going well.  I guess I'll go through each person in the family and give a short update. 

JACK:

Jack is now seven years old.  He is done with the 1st grade and waiting patiently to go into the second grade.  He had a great 1st grade year.  He is a proficient reader and can even get through a few chapters of Harry Potter on his own and understand what he is reading.  He earned about 140 points in his reading program and his name was put on a plaque at the school.  He was the second in his class to hit those milestones.  He is a good little soccer player and runner and he just finished track and he tried out for Murray Max, which is a competitive soccer league.  That will keep him pretty busy throughout the whole year.  This week he is in soccer camp in the mornings and next weekend they play in their first tournament.  He is excited to start traveling to games and be a part of this team.  Most of his friends are playing in it as well so it seems like it will be fun.  Officially a soccer mom, I guess! Jack is a delight in every way, (except in playing video games.  He likes those more then I wish he would).  He is growing up so much and is such a helper to me with the girls.  He loves our little baby and although he and Savannah fight a bit, they are really good little buddies and as time goes by I know they will fight more, but also play more and better together.  Jack really tries to watch out for his sisters and be a good example to them.  He is reading a children's Book of Mormom in preparation to be baptized in the next year.  I really can't believe it! I am blessed to be his mom and even though he is getting attitude, he is a great kid and really tries his best to do what he should.  I need to give him a break most of the  time because I am pretty hard on him. 

SAVANNAH:

Savannah is getting cuter by the day! I just love three year olds.  She is growing up and talking better all the time.  She also loves her little sister and has never been jealous of her.  She only wants the best for her and I can see that they will be great friends already.  Today at swimming lessons, Evelyn saw her in the water and started getting excited and tried to crawl over to her and jump in the water.  I got to her just in time.  Savannah started swimming lessons this year and is doing great! She started in level one and has moved to level two.  I even extended her to another session because she was doing so well.  She is not scared at all and proud of herself when she does the right things.  She also tries her hardest to do what is right and follow the rules.  She can be a bit bossy and crazy, but her crazy crazy days of the past are behind her.  I can talk her down from most any fit and she is such a tender heart.  She immediately apologizes for hurting someone, she checks to make sure everything is okay before she does it and she bursts into tears if anyone gets mad at her.  She is super excited to go to preschool and we also have signed her up for soccer this fall.  She starts in a few weeks.  She loves her friends and is always excited to have a play date with any of them.  She always wants me to leave her there and is always telling me she is a big girl and that she can do everything on her own.  She loves to help cook and clean and is really starting to play with her toys and use her imagination.  I can't wait to see how the next year goes for her.  She loves Jack and wants to do anything he is doing.  She will miss him when he goes back to school.  I hope they can always be friends. 

EVELYN:

Evelyn just turned a year last week.  I can not believe it.  This year has, without a doubt, been the fastest of my life.  What a joy this baby is to me.  She has continued to be delightful most all of the time.  She is funny and a ham.  She tries to be silly and knows what is going to get a laugh.  The funniest thing she does (and also the worst) is when she gets mad or bugged or frustrated she will scream and then try to bite anything in her path.  Me, the kids or a toy.  Anything she can get her hands on.  She knows she is not supposed to do it and doesn't really bite anymore, but she still does it and then she laughs and laughs.  She also knows she is not supposed to go to the dog food, but if we forget to put it up that is the first thing she does and she shoves as much dog food as she can into her mouth and just suck on it! So gross.  But again, she will just laugh and laugh as I fish it out of her mouth.  She is eating really well and can pretty much chew on anything.  She has 8 teeth and had them all by the time she was 7 months.  I nursed her until she was about 9.5 months and she started biting me.  I wanted to end on a good note and we did.  She never took a bottle until I just decided it was time and then she always took it without a problem.  She now drinks it herself and loves it when she sees it.  She took three steps yesterday and has been standing herself up for about a month now.  She is only weeks away from walking.  She naps for about 2-3 hours a day and sleeps pretty good through the night.  I don't know the last time I got up with her (when we weren't on a trip).  I'm not sure what her stats are right now.  I am going to try to get her in to her doctor in the next few days.  At her nine month appointment she was 17lbs and 11 oz.  That is about 50%.  Her height was 27 and 3/4 in.  That is also about 50% or so.  I love her and can't wait to see what kind of girl she grows into this year!

ME:  Things with me are the same.  I have been running a lot and actually raced in a half marathon in June.  It was the Utah Valley half and I did it with my good friend, Amy Rex.  There were actually four of us who did it and we got a hotel room the night before and had a girls night.  IT was super fun.  I trained really hard for it and was able to race a PR.  I finished in 1:46, which is a PR by about 6 minutes.  I was really focused during training and probably burned myself out.  Since the race, I have been running a bit, but not as much.  I had thought I would try to do a full marathon in the fall, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.  I have plantar fasciitis in both my feet because of bad shoes and I hurt my knee.  My knee is starting to feel better, but my feet are still bugging.  I need to go to a chiropractor.  Anyway, with soccer and the little girls and just growing into a new place in my life, working out has not held the priority it once did.  I still need to get out there and do it, but if all I have time for is a 4 mile run then that's all I do, and I don't fret it as much as I used to.  I did get into the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco in October and so we are planning a big girls trip for that and I am so excited! I am trying to stay trained for that, but I really need my feet to stop bugging.  Other than that, I am keeping quite busy trying to get a handle on housework and get a chore schedule down for the kids.  We have done pretty well during the summer.  Jack has a pretty set list of chores he does every day and Savannah too.  I'm trying to clean more and cook more... just be a better mom.  I am still working at night and often times I am overwhelmed, but overall, I am loving this stage of my life.  What a blessing it is to have my children and have them all healthy and happy.  I sometimes scream too much and get stressed, but I'm working on that.  I am also working on reading my scriptures more and working on that aspect of my life.  I feel like time goes by too fast and I am really trying not to waste any of mine.  I have been struggling with my Hashimotos disease and I am only writing about this because I want to be able to remember in the future.  I quit nursing the beginning of May and my period just never started.  I started to worry about that, so I went in and had my blood work done... turned out that my TSH levels were fine (2.3) but my antibodies were high (20).  My doc put me on a higher dose of Synthroid (100) and my period started two weeks later.  I am lucky that my fertility is so affected by antibodies.  They could be much higher and worse symptoms, but because my period gets all freaked out, I am able to catch these things really quickly.  I am feeling better now and hope my period will be regular.   I love my family!! I love my home and my friends.  We are lucky as a family and I am lucky as a women for my book club.  We have made a great group of friends and we do a lot of things together.  It is fun to travel through life with such great friends by my side!

JASON:

Jason has had a crazy few months.  Work at Buckner started to get kinda crazy when JD left in January and we had to pay back a bunch of money for bad policies etc.  He ended up going back to title with Dave.  He worked at North American for a few weeks and realized that he probably should not have left trucking.  Luckily for him, JD's assistant left to work at Buckner and so JD was in need of an assistant (account manager).  Jason started thinking and decided he wanted to do that.  So, he left title after two months and went to work with JD at a company called Hays.  So far, it has been really great! Insurance is way cheaper and he is making the most money he has in his life.  We are really trying to get everything squared away now that we are finally making some steady money.  I think he is happy to have this job and to work with his friend.  The potential is also really great and a lot better than title.  He left things really well at title and hopefully didn't burn any bridges there.  It was a blessing that this all worked out.  Other than work, he is reading a lot and enjoying some new guy friends he has made.  He plays bball twice a week in the morning and is excited to start to plan for a more stable future and really build his career in trucking. 

So, that's us in a nutshell.  Summer has been fun and we have been able to do a few fun things.  We just got back from Bear Lake with Jason's family and we have had a lot of friend/card playing nights.  We have been sicker than usual and busier with sports.  Jason is coaching Jack's soccer team so it seems like this summer has gone faster and we haven't done quite a much, but it is hard with a little baby who still needs naps etc.  But, we still have a few weeks left.  I am still planning on hiking, swimming, and shopping for school stuff.  We also have a week at our timeshare in Park City.  We have gone out on the boat a few times (once with friends and to Bear Lake).  Hopefully, we can fit in a few more fun things before school and fall come knocking at our door. 

No comments: